Friday, May 3, 2013

International Team Tryouts: Day 1

This is it. Hopkins, Minnesota. May 3-5, AKC International Tam Tryouts. This is my 7th trip to World Team Tryouts, my 4th year competing. And evey year when I step onto the turf (or rather dirt in 2010), I come to the same final realization.

No matter how much training we have done, no matter how many courses we've studied, drills we've trained, miles we've run, how much we are putting on the line this weekend, or how high we set our expectations, regardless of whether we meet our goals or not, when all is said and done... The one thing I'll always know is that I got to run with the best dog(s) I could ever ask for. Because in the end, this weekend doesn't change a thing. It's one competinon, three days, five runs...the dogs we take to the line have nothing to prove, no one to impress, because they brought us here. It isn't the trainer that makes the dog; its the dog that has pushed the trainer to be better.

So really this isn't it....this is far from "it". This is simply another opportunity to push our skills, test our handling, and have fun with our dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment