Whimzical's first day at International Team Tryouts was amazing, I can't believe she is only 2 years old.
Round 1 Jumpers 18" : Finished 11th out of 30 dogs with 5 faults due to a rather heart stopping refusal, at least it was heart stopping for me... But my goal for Miss Whimzy today was to not E (have a wrong course).
Round 2 Standard 18" : Once again 5 faults due to a refusal. Apparently I've over trained backsides of jumps because Whimzy has taken it upon herself to add them to our runs just for fun. Oops?
Cumulative Results of Rounds 1 and 2: 6th place overall, and a spot in 18" Finals.
Finals: 5th place in finals, one bar down, 2nd to last jump.
I honestly can't believe how effortless it felt with whimzy out there. We were far from perfect, but there is just something about coming together with a baby dog that makes every run (clean or not) feel wonderful. My immy-whimmy is finally becoming a big girl.
Then of course there is Jenna, my "slow" dog, as those of you who know me personally know I used to call her. Oh Jenna...what can I say? As always she was right with me every step of the way, saving my ass when need be, and giving every course 110%.
Round 2 standard 14" : Clean with 2.8 time faults.
Cumulative Results of Rounds 1 and 2: 5th place overall, and a spot in 14" Finals
Finals: 3rd place in finals.
Beyond thrilled with Jenna and Whimzy. Tomorrow is a whole new game, a new day full of new challenges. Mostly I'm just excited to be back out on that floor once again. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment