Friday, February 15, 2013

Last Place.


Think training’s hard? Try losing.

Last place. Ever finished there? I have. It is one thing to place poorly, not make the top five, ten, twenty, but last. Oh boy, last place is something entirely different. I’m not sure what it means, if it means I was the worst there, the poorest prepared? But one thing about finishing last made me grateful, I had earned the opportunity for improvement. I knew that I could not possibly do worse. That is a very wonderful feeling because you’ve seen everything you can’t do, every move you need, all the skills you are missing, and the only place you can go is up.

So with that being said, I am proud to have placed last at the 2010 AKC World Team Tryouts in the 14” division, as a 14 year old girl with a woefully undertrained 3 year old sheltie equipped with horrible contacts and little control. Everyone has to start somewhere, for me that was start. I started with losing, with last place, with being the worst.  

No comments:

Post a Comment