There is a difference between “being the best” and “being
your best”.
Today I realized that I don’t give a hoot if I’m the best. I don’t care if my
dogs are the best in the show, the venue, the country, the world. Why should I
aim for them to match everyone else’s standards? Instead, I choose to be happy
with what I get out of them. No matter how we place, no matter who beats us, no
matter who we beat, or by how much. I don’t care how many titles we get, how
fast we get them, I’m not playing this game to break anyone’s records, but my
own. When I reach for a new goal, I reach for storm clouds above my own head,
ready to take on my own fight. I don’t want to steal anyone’s thunder. I don’t
want to beat anyone. I don’t want to prove that I’m better than anyone. I simply
want to be the best that I can be.
Our best from today <3
No comments:
Post a Comment