Thursday, August 23, 2012

Daily dose of training...

You know as much as I hate not trialing, training never gets old and is twice as productive sometimes.Plus I feel trialing too often takes away from the training, not to mention the long term wear and tear on your foundation. So I suppose a few summer weeks away from the show site is just what the doctor ordered. Training for the babies, Kenzie + Whimzy, is also being reverted back to AKC courses. International is great, but there are some trick AKC elements my guys have yet to master. Well rather, I have yet to master while handling them. 


No Jenna, but she got to train on that course too. I love doing international wicked mean courses with that dog, but boy oh boy does it slow her down. Tight, tight, tight, she starts looking for those turns. And I've found becomes reluctant to take off on a full speed sprint anywhere. It is really affecting our trial times and yps at local shows. Granted Jenna is by no means "slow" and is still a top 4 contender around these parts on almost every course. But there is always room for improvement right?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment