Whatever happened to Jack Frost nipping at noses? If anything we just got punched in the face….It has been snowing since around 4am and hasn’t let up at all. Well that’s not true it did rain for a while. Hopefully we don’t get too much! I would really like to go to the show tomorrow, we skipped today. So did all our students, we all agreed that it is just too cold to make the dogs run. Wet dogs can’t warm up when it’s barely 30 degrees out.
Eww, we have like 2inches already >.< Of course my yard does look like a winter wonder land so that’s a plus! Whimzy is also having a ball, she loves snow!
And I really can’t wait to go skiing and start snowshoeing again. With six weeks left until the Junior National Event I still have time to bulk Jenna up some more, and boy does snowshoeing do the trick. Last winter she gained so much muscle mass I was so proud, that’s actually when our yps really started to rise for the first time. In March we went from an average of around 5.4 to around 5.6 + 5.7s, with the occasional 5.8. And in standard we went from 3.8s to 4.0s and 4.2s!! (I know our standard runs are like epically slow, but that’s only cause of those extra seconds on the zones…that we will no longer be wasting) This fall we have been averaging 5.8 in jumpers and 4.3s in standard, and other than our usual hikes and hill walks and me adding in more core work so we can peak in December, nothing else has really helped bulk her up. So at least the snow might help with that, would love to go into juniors posting 6+ jumpers runs. Not that we will need speed for the comp. I think consistency will be more what you need to place well. But I’m not sure considering this is the first one they have ever held.

No comments:
Post a Comment