You never change
things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model
that makes the existing model obsolete.
There are no mistakes. No take backsies, no redos, no
"oopsies". What we encounter are choices, and sometimes we make bad
choices. We flub up, it happens. What shouldn't happen is regret, whatever has
happened has already happened. It's over- like I said there are no take
backsies or redos. We either learn, or we live in the past...or even worst we
live to repeat the past, again and again.
This would be a lesson I learned from my mother, even though I didn't always realize it I learned to think the way I think because of her. There are people who think change isn't necessary, they clearly did not encounter my mother's wisdom. They think that they
are perfect just the way they are. Personally we would call that an inflated ego...
but to each his own. I used to think these people could be helped, that maybe
if you suggest change or even insist upon it that they could see how growing is
the answer. I am still too young, too foolish perhaps to have realized this is
a bad choice. Attempting to initiate change for someone else is an impossible task, and keeps you living in the past. The only thing we encounter are
choices- our own choices. We can watch old tapes and ponder the "what
ifs" off the past, or we can move on to create an opportunity better than
the last for ourselves. We can choose to change, to learn, to grow. Just
because someone can change doesn't
mean they will, and certainly not
unless they have the willpower to do so.
We may not control all the circumstances, and we cannot
control the outcome of someone else's results. But I know that I will always be
in control of my own choices, that I can make bad ones and still learn something from it.
I will not live in the past mourning over poor handling, a bad call, an
"oopsie". Because there are no mistakes, and there is no point
treating this life as if it is full of flaws. To those of us who see a future
brighter than yesterday, those flaws are perhaps the key to understanding how
to step forward even stronger than before.
All it takes is a step towards something new- something to look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment