It's not where you
place, it's how hard you worked to get there.
With only a few days
left till take off, there isn't much left to do but pack. The planning, the
preparation, the training is all over now. This is the stage where it becomes
do or die. Either you win or you lose. It's that simple. As a team we go to
make our country proud, but as individuals we all step to the line with our own
goals. The true test isn't whether we can hold our own, but whether we can hold
our heads high knowing we gave it our all. If we missed our goals it wasn't
because we gave up. It's knowing that regardless of the bars, the missed
contacts, the off courses, that we have succeeded in taking something away from
this experience... because as with any competition true success is simply learning something new.
As an individual
embarking on another leg of the journey I share with Jenna, my only goal is to remember
why I walk to the line. I walk to the line to once again play with my little
girl, the dog who has been with me through so much, who has taken me to far
away places that I never imagined possible. And then we run to be the best that
we can be.

No comments:
Post a Comment