Plans are nothing; planning is
everything ~Eisenhower
To reach the clouds,
you have to climb. Spontaneous jumping only takes you so high, and you fall
back to the ground fast. It’s one thing to set a goal, and another to actually
reach it. When we say we are on a journey, what do we really mean? Is there a
start and a finish, or do we wander aimlessly forever moving forward towards
what we perceive as better than before?
My journey truly is a
never-ending meandering path that takes me gallivanting through the most
peculiar of situations and experiences. But that path has always been planned
just a few steps ahead. I know where I’m
going, and I *think* I know exactly how
to get there… but even if those steps fall through my staircase to the top,
I’ll still have something to stand on. It’s not me hacking through the brush
one step at a time, fighting past the vines just to see what’s ahead.
Planning ahead might not always work out
exactly as expected, but it’s better to have a plan then throw yourself blindly
into the future. Even with all the steps, and goals, and breaking down of
dreams in the end we aren’t taking a journey at all. The journey is sweeping us
along, our control is so limited in terms of the future because we can only
effect what happens today, what happens now.
...but then again, the smallest things today can make the biggest difference tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment