Wednesday was a good day, lots of training. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodK9cbipxg and a video to prove it.
I got to see Tonga, the GSD I was training in agility. He just had both his back legs go through major surgery. He looks so fragile, no muscle, no hair on his legs. I haven't seen him in 3 weeks, he got out of the car and started whining as he slowly walked towards me. I gave him a hug, according to Kris (his owner) he is very bored and upset that he isn't allowed to do anything. He has 4 or 5 months of re-hab and then he is allowed to do stuff. Even though I was so happy to see him, I hated to see him so unhappy. I really hate those moments when something good and something bad happens at the same time. And you don't know if you want to smile or cry, so you do both at once. I think part of it is Tonga got injured right after Powell died, they were my agility boys and I trained them both on the same night every week for a little over a year. Then poof just like that, they were both gone.
On the brighter side of this week, we have a show this weekend. Jenna and I have been a little out of sink :P so I don't expect anything big, just a double Q would be nice :) I would like to slowly work our way to MACH 2, I don't even know how many more DQs we need. But thats because I don't care about MACHs after the first they are just titles until you get to like 20, then you are super consistant and thats kinda cool. I don't think Jenna and I will ever hit MACH 20 though :D Honestly I wouldn't care titles are just there, the other personal goal that you set are cool to reach even if you are the only one seeing the progress. My current goal, fitness (for me and the dogs) and better contacts. We are getting there slowly but surely we are getting faster and better contacts. One day soon they will be how I picture them, I'm sure of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment