Keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling because life's a beautiful thing and there is so much to smile about.
Tonight I sat and watched my girls run circles around the yard. They've both taken me so many places, half way around the world and back. Yet, tonight they are just dogs. Truth be told, every night and every day they are always simply dogs. This makes them all the more beautiful to me. They have no worries, no regrets, nothing to ponder beyond what they are doing at any given moment. For all the moments I spend in the moment like dogs get to do, I can only hope for a thousand more. My girls with all that sheltie fluff they carry around aren't weighed down by anything. It would take me a hundred days to be as blissfully happy as Whimzy is everyday.
I wish I could tell them things. Things about all the incredible things they have done for me over the years, things they don't even realize. Things I owe them endlessly for, like taking me to far off places. Teaching me things about life that would have taken me years to learn on my own. Even introducing me to people, all those friends and that one guy they often now steal food from. I don't think they realize that they are the reason why we spend so many wonderful days with that guy they steal food from, John, and that pretty epic golden of his. I wish I could thank them for these things. I wish I could tell them that life wouldn't be the same without them. And often I do, although I'm afraid their English isn't the best. All they know is that there will always be a few certainties in this life time. There most certainly always be treats, and scraps from everything I eat. I always, always share. There will always be more rabbits to chase, or to at least think about chasing. There will always be more chances to chew on my arm. More chances to chase the ball. There will always be more swimming and more hiking. There will always be more lazy mornings snuggling in bed. There will always, most definitely be more agility.There will always be more days where I sit in the yard and watch them run circles, thinking of how lovely life is to share with dogs.

No comments:
Post a Comment